Thursday, October 21, 2010

Online Presentation stuffs

Today in my Tech & Topics class we discussed the various online presentation tools available. Our professor, Michael Becksfort, has his own blog with a post about all we talked about so I won't tell you about it here... but I will link you to his blog post so that you can see what I saw.

But I do want to tell you about two of the ones I thought were most interesting.
**First, Prezi. When I first heard about this site, I was super excited! So excited that that weekend I went home and made one for a meeting I had that same week (you can see that first prezi in my previous post). It is just so exciting how I am able to take a presentation from a boring "linear" slide show to a visual pleasure. 
**Second, was the Glogger. Mr. Becksfort, just introduced this one to me, and I haven't had a chance to explore it very much, but it looks like great fun! Anything to make teaching and learning creative and fun, I'm game for!


I think that we are also supposed to say what we think of only presentations. My opinion is that they are GREAT! The ability to take our work wherever we want to, to work on it whenever we want to, and allow anyone to see it AND add to it, is just an awesome opportunity for teachers... and their students. Like Mr. Becksfort said these online presentation tools "gives [us] the possibility of an outside assignment," beyond the classroom walls... Its like an extra lesson without adding class time.

Alright, that is all I'm typing today. My battery is almost dead and there is lasagna waiting for me at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment